Jeremih to perform at Mitchell Center

Jeremih is scheduled to perform at the Spring Concert this coming April.

Jake Cannon

Jake Cannon

Richard Narramore, Life Editor

Contemporary R&B and Pop singer Jeremih will perform at the Mitchell Center for the Jaguar Productions Spring concert this coming April.

Jeremih made his debut with his single “Birthday Sex,” which peaked at number 4 on Billboard Hot 100 in 2009. In 2010, Jeremih won multiple awards at the Chicago Music Awards, including Best New Entertainer of The Year and R&B Entertainer of The Year.

Jeremih’s latest album, “Late Nights: The Album,” released in 2015. Included on the album was “Don’t Tell Em,” featuring artist YG, which won the iHeartRadio Hip Hop/ R&B Song of the Year in 2015. He was also nominated at the Billboard Music Awards for the same song in 2015.

The announcement was made during the Jaguar Productions Studio 63: Reveal Party when Jaguar Productions Music Chair Zane Patterson made the reveal.

DJ OooWee turned the student center ballroom into a nightclub for the Jaguar Productions event. The lazer lights and mocktails created a nightlife scene as well as having to show your JagID and receive an “X” on your hand as you walked in.  Some students clung to the walls and mingled with friends while others let loose on the dance floor as Ooowee turned out thrilling mashups and club favorites.

DJ OooWee placed at battle of the DJs, which was hosted by the African-American Student Association, last fall.

Patterson continued on to say that he hoped to bring a sense of nightlife by having a reveal party and live music. Patterson said he was pleased with everyone coming out after putting in hard work to put together the reveal party and is excited for the Spring Concert.

The Spring Concert is being held April 8 at the Mitchell Center. Doors will open at 7 p.m. and the show will begin at 8 p.m. Advance tickets for USA students is $15. General admission is $25. All tickets will be $25 the day of the show.
Patterson also said that Jaguar Productions has many more events planned for the semester. The 60 Seconds or Bust challenge is coming up Jan 24. He continued on to say that there would be events such as Battle of the Hearts Karaoke Night ,scheduled on Valentine’s Day, and even a poker night later on.