Filed under News, Showcase

Investigation of Grove shooting continues

University of South Alabama Police are continuing to investigate the shooting.  Photo by Briana Cunningham

University of South Alabama Police are continuing to investigate the shooting. Photo by Briana Cunningham

Briana Cunningham

Briana Cunningham

Police are continuing to investigate a shooting at The Grove,  which hospitalized, a non-USA student on Thursday, March 8, according to Bob Lowry, USA director of communications and media relations. The Grove is a privately owned and operated student residence facility on the southwest corner of the main USA campus.

An unknown number of shots were fired at approximately 7:30 p.m. according to Lowry. Shortly after the report, a man with a gunshot wound arrived at Providence Hospital, according to Bob Lowry, USA director of communications and media relations. The man was transported to USA Medical Center where he is currently receiving treatment, according to Lowry.

Gunshots were fired during an altercation between three non-student men, according to Lowry. Two male subjects have been identified, but the third male subject remains at large, according to Lowry. USAPD are investigating why three non-students were at The Grove. The three non-student gained access to The Grove through an open gate at the main entrance of the cineplex, according to Lowry. The names of the men could not be released at this time. This situation no longer poses a current threat to USA students, according to USAPD.

USA Police are continuing to investigate and Lowry urged anyone with any information to contact them. You can reach them as follows:

• Call 251-460-6312
  • Text 251-219-0219
  • Call the Anonymous Tip Line at 251-460-6667
  • Email [email protected]
  • Visit the department at 290 Stadium Blvd., Mobile, Alabama 36688.