Filed under News

Winn-Dixie continues remodeling streak

Helping the community: Winn-Dixie store donates $5,000 to MGM High School

The unveiling of the remodeled Winn-Dixie store was accompanied by a ribbon-cutting ceremony to commemorate the event.

Winn-Dixie

Winn-Dixie unveiled their fifth remodeled store at 9948 Airport Road on August 8, 2018.

Other locations that have been remodeled are their locations on Grelot Road, Government Street, Highway 90 West and in Foley.

A ribbon cutting ceremony was held to commemorate the grand opening of the store and to “officially reintroduce the community to the new and improved store,”
according to a press release from LaDana Williams.

The first 500 customers were also presented mystery gift cards that contained anywhere from $5 to $500.

Winn-Dixie Regional Vice President Trey Edwards said the remodels are a result of customer feedback.

“Winn-Dixie has been part of the Mobile community for more that 20 years and we take great pride in listening to our customers,” said Edwards. “This investment reflects our deep roots in Mobile and echoes our commitment to giving locals the shopping experience that they deserve. The newly remodeled stores are designed with the needs of this unique community in mind and we sincerely hope customers enjoy their new shopping experience.”

Edwards said more stores in Mobile will be renovated.

The updated stores will include a variety of new features, including, “an expanded selection of fruits and vegetables, expanded bakery with fresh bread daily, expanded meat department with ‘Pick 5 for $19.95,’ including fresh and frozen meat, new SE Grocers Naturally Better product selection, offering a large variety of gluten free, organic and natural products, updated seafood department and a continued commitment to quality and service,” said Edwards.

Winn-Dixie has a long history of service.

“Founded in 1995, Winn-Dixie grocery stores, liquor stores and in-store pharmacies serve communities throughout five states Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana and Mississippi,” said Edwards.

“Winn-Dixie stores is a subsidiary of Southeastern Grocers, which is one of the largest supermarket chains based in the southeast. The neighborhood grocer has been operating in Mobile for over 20 years and has been committed to communities across the Gulf Coast during that time. Winn-Dixie continues to invest in making Mobile a stronger community for customers and associates with local partnerships including American Cancer Society and Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, Feeding the Gulf Coast and other Feeding America food banks, as well as strong sup-
port of local schools, churches and organizations.”

The chain was recently was recently recognized with a local honor, a Lagniappe Nappie for best grocery chain.

President and CEO of Southeastern Grocers, Anthony Hucker, was proud of the accomplishment.

“Being named ‘Best Grocery Chain’ is a special honor, and a humbling confirmation, that we are offering customers a premium shopping experience and specialized customer engagement,” Hucker said in a press release. “As we continue to invest in Mobile, we are excited about the favorable support from this community.”

Edwards is also passionate about serving Mobile.

“We’re proud to be a part of this community and we are eager to show our loyal customers our new and improved stores with expanded offerings,” Edwards said. “Winn-Dixie is committed to our Mobile neighbors and takes pride in offering our customers a great shopping experience every time they visit. With a new and improved look, we look forward to continued service to the Mobile community.”