Filed under Life

Hallie Croom named Director of Development

Hallie Hollingsworth Croom has been named Director of Development for USA Mitchell Cancer
Institute.

USA Mitchell Cancer Institute

Hallie Hollingsworth Croom has been named Director of Development for USA Mitchell Cancer Institute.

Hallie Hollingsworth Croom has been named Director of Development for USA Mitchell Cancer Institute. A Mobile native and a cancer survivor, Croom will be responsible for directing all aspects of fundraising activities at MCI.

Croom most recently served as Director of Development for Feeding the Gulf Coast, formerly the Bay Area Food Bank, where she oversaw all fundraising efforts for the nonprofit, which serves 24 counties along the north central
Gulf Coast.

Croom has been recognized for her dedication to fighting cancer over the past 20 years, raising support and awareness as a volunteer leader with the American Cancer Society and Camp Rap-A-Hope. She said her motivation stemmed from her own fight against melanoma and the loss of many family members, including her parents, the late Linda Bullard and Albert (Torch) Hollingsworth, to cancer.

Twenty years ago, Croom was diagnosed with melanoma, the deadliest of the skin cancers, and was given two years to live. She underwent surgery and is followed closely by a medical team. “My life has been intimately — and some would say tragically — affected by cancer,” she said. “I’m excited to be able to share my passion for the cause.”

Croom said she is eager to tell the MCI story. “The Mitchell Cancer Institute is an incredible place,” she said. “Being part of this unique, unmatched service for this area is a tremendous honor.”

Croom is a graduate of St. Paul’s Episcopal School and the University of Mississippi, where she earned degrees in English and journalism in 1995. She was named to the second class of Mobile Bay magazine’s 40 Under Forty for her community work in 2010. She lives in Mobile with her children, Lawler, 9, and Ella Hamilton, 4.

To show your support by making a gift to USA Mitchell Cancer Institute, visit our donation page.